Abby Tutors is led by a BC-certified teacher with over 30 years of teaching experience.
Founded in 2008 by long-time teachers, Marilyn and Ron Peters, Abby Tutors was built on a vision to combine their love of education with a desire to help students feel confident and capable in their studies and beyond.
Their children have followed in their educational legacy. One son is doing his 2nd year of residency as a family doctor in Halifax, another works as a structural engineer in Vancouver, a third is a local business owner, and their daughter has graduated from law school in Victoria.
Since founding her company, Marilyn has retired from teaching in schools to run the business out of her home.
After 11 years of teaching in elementary schools, 13.5 years teaching in high school, and 15 years in middle school, Ron has just retired from 40 years of teaching!
Ron is now working with Marilyn in Abby Tutors, which is working out very well.
Abby Tutors has helped hundreds of students achieve their academic goals and grow in their confidence for school and for life.
What makes us different:
▪ Tutoring based on the K-12 BC curriculum
▪ Direct communication with student's school and teachers
▪ Tutor reports provided for all sessions
▪ Tutoring in all subjects, Kindergarten through university
▪ No long-contract commitments
▪ No up-front registration fees
▪ Student-tutor matching ensures stability and consistency