Abby Tutors is led by a BC-certified teacher with over 30 years of teaching experience.
Founded in 2008 by long-time teachers Marilyn and Ron Peters, Abby Tutors was built on a vision to combine their love of education with a desire to help students feel confident and capable in their studies and beyond. Their children have followed in their educational legacy. One son is in his 2nd year of residency as a family doctor in Halifax, another works as a structural engineer in Vancouver, a third is a local business owner, and their daughter graduated this year from law school in Victoria.
Since founding her company, Marilyn has retired from teaching in schools to run the business out of her home.
After over 11 years of teaching in elementary school, and 13.5 years teaching in high school, Ron has completed 15 years in middle school.
He just retired after 40 years of teaching!
Abby Tutors has helped hundreds of students achieve their academic goals and grow in their confidence for school and for life.
What makes us different:
▪ Tutoring based on the K-12 BC curriculum
▪ Direct communication with student's school and teachers
▪ Tutor reports provided for each session
▪ Tutoring in all subjects, Kindergarten through university
▪ No long-contract commitments
▪ No up-front registration fees
▪ Student-tutor matching ensures stability and consistency